When it comes to celebrating moms, sending flowers to her is a popular option. In fact, Mother’s Day is second only to the December holidays for the busiest time of the year for sending flowers. Even Valentine’s Day pales by comparison.
Another popular option is taking her out for a meal. In fact, the Sunday of Mother’s Day is the most popular day of the entire year for eating out.
With that in mind, We’ve found nine places you can take mom to eat and she’ll enjoy a freebie—whether it’s a free dessert or a free doughnut.
Mother’s Day food and drink deals around Charlotte
- Pie: Treat Mom to the Mother’s Day buffet at Shoney’s and she’ll get a free slice of strawberry pie.
- Frozen Yogurt: Participating TCBY locations will be giving moms up to 6 ounces of frozen yogurt for free on Mother’s Day. Find your closest TCBY.
- Hooters: Free meal at Hooters for moms May 8th. Need to make a drink purchase and have at least one offspring present. Use your judgment on this one.
- McCormick & Schmick’s: Free chocolate-dipped strawberry for moms with brunch purchase. May 8th.
- Sip and Shop: Pop-Up shopping event at 7th Street Public Market from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, May 6th. At 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. free glasses of sparkling wine will be available at Assorted Table Wine Shoppe. There will be 50 glasses available at each time. (Not per person, total.)
- McAlister’s Deli: All mom’s get a free dessert May 8th. Choices include cakes, brownies, cookies…
- Beef ‘O’ Brady’s – Complimentary meal for Mom valued at $10 at participating locations Sunday, May 8th. Dine-in only. Some menu restrictions may apply. There’s a location in Fort Mill.
- Bob Evan’s: Moms who visit on Mother’s Day will get a voucher for four coffees on future visits.
- Chicken Salad Chick: Moms who visit Friday, May 6th, get a free scoop of “Classic Carol.”
Free things to do on Mother’s Day around Charlotte
- Free mini-golf: Moms play mini-golf for free on Sunday when accompanied by a paying golfer.
- The Pit Indoor Karting: Moms race for free on Sunday at this facility in Mooresville. One free race (when accompanied by a paying kid) and then half-price races the rest of the day.
- Carolina Raptor Center: Moms get in free on Sunday.
- Gardens: Moms get into Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens for free Saturday and Sunday. The first 250 moms get a free potted plant.
- Swimming: Moms get into Ray’s Splash Planet for free on May 8th, 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Museum: Moms get into Bechtler Museum of Modern Art for free Saturday, May 7th, and Sunday, May 8th. Follow the above link to learn about other Bechtler Museum freebies this weekend.