Marketing/Sales Executives (commissioned sales only positions):
Recruitment of various types of clients for online ads for the GospelHappenings.com website in Charlotte, NC. Proofread and review press release ads for clarity. Fun and exciting position for a person looking to grow in marketing and sales. Must be able to meet with and work to maintain good communication and foster good relationships with current and potential clients.
Volunteer Freelance Writers:
You can now immediately submit and upload your news article (scroll down to complete the online form) for consideration of publication online on GospelHappenings.com. We encourage you to submit news articles regarding various subjects areas covering Charlotte area that could include but not limited to: Fashion, Technology, Education, Church/Artist/Book Reviews, Charlotte Politics, Family & Parenting, Beauty & Health Care, Food, Finance & Business, Arts & Entertainment, Music, House Decor, and of course Gospel. Subject areas could also include interviewing and reporting on the lifestyles and profiles of pastors, entrepreneurs, corporate executives and community leaders located in Charlotte. Your interviews can be done phone, e-mail or in person. You should conduct thorough research to justify all articles submitted for on-line publication; must be a good, accurate, detail-oriented researcher. For high consideration of publication, you should condense important information into easy-to-read and concise articles, summarize the highlights of interviews, report on useful information, and make profiles and/or feature articles visually interesting as well. If you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com.
Gospel Happenings offers internship opportunities to students. You are encouraged to apply whatever your major. Previous experience is always a plus but is not required.
A Gospel Happenings internship can help you develop serious, substantive experience as you build your resume.
The Application Process
- Space is limited and interns are chosen on a selective basis. Students in all majors are invited to apply, regardless of your experience. Most importantly, you must be well-motivated, a self-starter willing to take responsibility and follow through with projects without needing supervision every step of the way.
If you are interested, please spend some time getting acquainted with our website before you apply so you can get the feel of what Gospel Happenings is all about. Then please send your resume and cover letter to our HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Media Communications Intern
- Social Media and Tech savvy (Ideally, experienced with utilizing social networks)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative/ think outside the box
- Open to students from all majors, but may be particularly good for students interested in Media, Public Relations, Marketing, Communication, Non-Profit Management, Education Reform & Volunteerism
Do you Tweet or use Facebook every day? Do you consider yourself to be a community builder? Do you take pride in customer service excellence? Do you desire to use those traits to advance the gospel to masses? Gospel Happenings LLC is seeking your expertise!
Gospel Happenings LLC in Charlotte, North Carolina is expanding its social media efforts (i.e. Facebook, Twitter), and looking for someone to help bring us to the next level and manage our social networks on a daily basis. We are seeking a highly motivated, tech-savvy and strategic individual to enable us to better reach our target audience of volunteers and staff by cultivating our new online community.
- Posting content on social networks
- Promote the Gospel Happenings brand to drive growth and brand awareness
- Strategically using social media outlets and Gospel Happenings as a engagement tool
- Monitoring and analyzing data to inform team members
- Assisting with online marketing and engagement strategies
- Reporting social media statistics to Team Leader
- Reliable transportation
- Must be able to receive academic credit from their college or university prior to starting assignment
Entertainment Journalism Intern
GospelHappenings.com is looking for writers who are able to contribute between two and three pieces of journalism per week on an array of topics relevant to local community/gospel events and current gospel entertainment atmosphere in the city (Upcoming Events, Church Reviews, New Restaurant Openings, New Church Openings, Celebrity Interviews, Pastor Interviews, Gospel Celebrity News, and etc).
You will have a large amount of creative freedom in this position to write your opinion on entertainment features. This position is an online position and shall be based out of your own area residence. Ideally you would commit to producing three pieces of work each week which would be published online with little or no editing. As such, we are looking for aspiring journalists who can write passionately and articulately to a knowledgeable audience without the need for constant micro-management and timing reminders. All interns will be able to use their tenure with GospelHappenings.com as a resume building experience.
Keep up to date on current Community/Gospel Events, Gospel entertainment and Local stories
Assist in the process of creating, developing and presenting all content for the Event and Entertainment sections of the site.
Interviewing industry insiders & reviewing media releases.
Self Motivated and able to Self Promote through many social media outlets Willing to participate in company functions.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to: Interviews with: Church members, Pastors, Event organizers, New Church Openings/Closing, Gospel Celebrities, and news.
Preferably you should be a college undergraduate or graduate studying journalism (or a related field) and have prior writing/reporting experience with your school newspaper or another publication. Recent college graduates are also welcome to apply.
WEB CONTENT INTERNSHIP
Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty of the internship, and accept special projects as assigned. Tasks can include any combination of the following:
- Prior experience with WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, Dreamweaver, and Flash is preferred.
- Design and/or update our Web pages
- Create and update Weekly Event Newsletters in HTML
- Propose new ideas and ways to improve our current web design
- Design creative banners to promote features on the website
- Create Brochures, Print Ads, and Event Flyers
- Assisting Chief Creative Designer on various design task
- Daily maintenance of the Website
- Work with our team to create new sections for our site
Preferably you should be a college undergraduate or graduate studying computer science (or a related field) and have prior website creation experience. Recent college graduates are also welcome to apply.